PROJECTSRevitalization construction work of Aranypatak
Revitalization construction work of Aranypatak
Investor: Municipality of County-Rank City of Szombathely
Client: Municipality of County-Rank City of Szombathely
Contractor: Homlok Építő Zrt.
Start of construction: January 2019
Expected completion of construction: September 2019
Short description of the project:
In connection with the development of the Sportliget project, the construction works of the Aranypatak revitalization were carried out in a separate project. The banks of Aranypatak have been redesigned, the creek bed has become wider, step-terraces and gravel reefs have been built, and paddles placed in water are providing the access to Lake-Boating.
Main technical content of the project:
- Ensuring the pedestrian and barrier-free accessibility of the stream in order to strengthen the connection with it, as well as the implementation of opportunities to stay close to the water;
- Reconstruction and extension of the riverbed, creation of resting terraces, construction of promenades, building necessary pavements and curbs for it, as well as placement of various furnishing objects;
- As part of this, 1550 m3 of excavation, as well as creation of 2840 m2 of slope and 3100 m2 of horizontal surface in connection with the hydraulic works; evolving 410 m2 of paved area and 471 m2 of grassy surface;
- Close to nature plantations along the shoreline of the Aranypatak, formation of the stream bed with gravel reefs and fish ramps;
- In addition to the new pedestrian bridge, development of an alternative route to Lake Boating through stairs and paddles in the water.
The revitalization of Aranypatak is being carried out within the framework of the Regional and Settlement Development Operational Program (TOP) tender. The project had to be implemented within 8 months.